badge

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Khushiyon ke Rang - Family Ke sang


Holi is a vibrant , psychedelic and an extremely enjoyable festival. Yummy food , robust company and rainbow hued colors make it an occasion to remember.We may forget about it , yet our stained and colored clothes continue to prompt the memory. We had a blast this year and the most memorable memory was that of my socially inactive husband getting dunked into a pool of colored water by his mates.






The aftermath of this revelry was color splattered clothes and I was just not ready to tackle this unenviable task. After repeated bemoaning about these clothes , my husband decided to step up and tackle the task of cleaning them. In fact this is not the first time that he has pitched in . My husband has been brought up in a house where both the parents worked and he is familiar with the concept of sharing responsibilities. Though he has helped me out with looking after our daughter , feeding her and even the occasional chhole , washing clothes was always my job.



Inspired by the philosophy and the knowledge that many celebrity husbands also shared the load , we decided to take the pledge and took up the #WASHBUCKETCHALLENGE. I had already registered with #Blogadda and eagerly awaited my sample. It seemed to be the best way to start. My husband did a pre-soak on the clothes with the ariel detergent and then ran a load in my washing machine. This entire process of pre-soaking and the dirt busting and stain removal properties of Ariel Matic pack ensured that the clothes ended up cleaner , brighter and largely blemish free. Now , I know the trick to a stress free Holi. My husband was pretty impressed with the results and resolved to #Sharetheload with me and do away with the stereotypical notions of laundry being a woman’s job.


I am, very happy that I took the #WashbucketChallenge and I feel that this small activity actually has my husband enjoying laundry.I feel that with my husband on my side and sharing chores with me will help free up some time and also make ensure that I don't feel  burdened with chores.

This post is a part of the #WashBucketChallenge activity at BlogAdda.com is association with Ariel India'

1 comment: