badge

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Pampers Baby Dry Pants for happy mornings




Let Sleeping babies lie - Anonymous  
A sleeping baby is like a boon from the Gods for a new mom. I remember the time when my daughter was a wee newborn. She had good lungs and raised a storm if her sleep got disturbed in any way. The adage," Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned( disturbed )” was quite apt. Coached by my mom and encouraged by my new friend on Mom’s forums , I quickly realised that the way to bliss was comforting nightly rituals. Babies are creatures of habit, and Woe is on anyone who disturbs their schedule. Calming and soothing babies ensure a good nights sleep for mama and Baby.

I did a lot of research on the type of diapers for my daughter. I wanted to ensure that she would remain dry during the night and wake up smiling like the beautiful angel whom she was. You can get more information about Pampers and their unique reward scheme at  http://www.rewardme.in/tag/Pampers.Here are the nightly rituals that I followed to calm the raging beast.

  1. Suit her up in her spanking dry Pampers to avoid any accidents. This keeps the baby comfortable at night vis vis a cloth nappy. Cloth nappies require frequent changes and disturb the babies sleep leading to unhappy babies and hapless moms. The best course of action is to use Pampers diapers for the little angels.
  2. Give her a tummy massage with a little asafoetida water. I would make circular motions around her navel to dispel any gas. I would follow it up with a nice leg massage with baby lotion scented with lavender. It has proven calming properties. My daughter also suffered from mild colic, so I would often pace around with her to alleviate the stress.
  3. Next, I would wrap her in a snug as a bug onesie (Easier for me to handle)
  4. I would pull out one of her favorite books. It was an entertaining book called “Everywhere the cow goes Moo." The story brought me close to my Humorous side, and I practiced my French Accent with Panache.
  5. Post the story session, I would switch on the humidifier for that relaxing white noise.
  6. Above all, I would lay her on my chest for body to body contact, and I think my thumping heartbeat would soon lull her into sleep.
All these rituals were comforting to her and me too. It would help me unwind after a stressful day of parenting. It would also reiterate the love that I had for my bundle of joy. It was so heartening to coax a giggle or gurgle from my baby. Hence, I feel that it’s essential to spend a few minutes with your baby without Laptops and Mobiles.  

This is a post for the indiblogger contest for Pampers.   

No comments:

Post a Comment